TPLINK A7 in AP mode does not have the ADVANCED functions tab

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-01 19:29:13 - last edited 2021-02-02 04:09:04
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1,10

Sir/Madam,

Sorry first of all that I selected A10 above -- the menu for this forum does not allow for an A7 pick.

I want to thank the many replies and suggestions from all of you in this Community -- it's been a fruitful learning experience.

I have a new question which I've tried to answer for myself but just couldn't get to the right explanation.

Background:

- I installed a new TPLINK A7 by configuring it in AP mode.

- The A7 connects using an Ethernet cable from its WAN port to one of the LAN ports on a TPLINK A20.

- The A20's wireless function has been DISABLED. 

- The A20 connects to my ISP modem and is the gateway to tge Internet.

- Both are working just fine.

Issue:  when I go into the A7 in ADMIN mode (web management page) to change the SSID or password, etc..

I DO NOT see the ADVANCED functions tab.

I wish to access the ADVANCED TAB because I need to schedule a daily reboot of the A7.

Question:  Is this because I configured the A7 in AP mode?  I have 2 other A7 routers connected on 2 other LAN ports of the A20,

configured as routers (i.e., have their own DHCP, among other things), and they have the Advanced functions tab.

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely,

R. Tan

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TPLINK A7 in AP mode does not have the ADVANCED functions tab-Solution
2021-02-01 21:26:25 - last edited 2021-05-30 19:00:29

@HP15z 

That's because the AP mode is active. See the difference in features available in router and AP mode.

You can still change the SSID and password when using the device in AP mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TPLINK A7 in AP mode does not have the ADVANCED functions tab-Solution
2021-02-01 21:26:25 - last edited 2021-05-30 19:00:29

@HP15z 

That's because the AP mode is active. See the difference in features available in router and AP mode.

You can still change the SSID and password when using the device in AP mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TPLINK A7 in AP mode does not have the ADVANCED functions tab
2021-02-02 04:08:56
My sincerest gratitude, this is very useful.
Options