AX20 disconnecting my smart TV from Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-02 08:41:04
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20200929 rel.54838

Hello,

my problem is disconnecting my TV (LG OLED65E8PLA) from Wi-Fi. It is happening randomly through day. 
I tried to set my DNS on 8.8.8.8 

I have dynamic IP and separated 2,4GHz and 5GHz

Tv should be connected to 5Ghz, and i think it is, if is connected. At the same time is connected by LAN cable directly to the AX20.

This problem is only with TV, everything else as iPad, iPhone or laptop work normally and connection is stable.

It is boring reconnect TV couple times in day, but without that i cannot use AirPlay and my smart home.

Do you have any recommendations how to fix it?

Best regards

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX20 disconnecting my smart TV from Wi-Fi
2021-02-02 09:32:25

@Skretak 

Have you tried to use only wireless connection to your TV and remove the LAN cable ?

If any connection issues, you can try connecting your TV with LAN cable only and disable TVs wireless connection.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-02 11:21:07

@Ivaylo 

Yes I try that. Do the same as it is with cable.

Connection with cable is good enough for iptv and other things. But if I want to use TV as a part of my smart home, AirPlay etc, I need Wi-Fi connection.

The reason why I solve this is that I want to use my smart TV smart, not just as simple TV. If I wanted that, I could buy much much cheaper TV🙂

Options
2021-02-02 15:32:17

@Skretak 

I would recommend you to have these settings for 5Ghz wireless band:

LG TV are notably known to have just 100mbps ethernet LAN connection.

If you concerned about the ethernet cable connection (wired) speed you can look at the following thread:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/wired-lan-port-speed-on-2019-lg-c9.2235287/#post-27716185

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-02 17:20:41 - last edited 2021-02-02 17:29:56

@Ivaylo 

Thank you I just set up what you show me and I will wait if it is work.

100mbps by LAN it is enough for me. I just use it for iptv sometimes YouTube.

edit: and  I have no problem with this speed although I watch 4K movie

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 537

Replies: 4