Archer AX-11000 ARP issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-02 13:28:50
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200716 rel.84595(5553)

I tried to post this earlier, but it didn't show up, so apologies if it suddenly shows up twice.

I'm having an issue that seems to center on ARP entries; I'm not sure if that's a symptom or the cause. I've been using my Archer AX11000 for about a month.

I first noticed the issue when I was unable to RDP into my Windows 10 PC from my MacBook, and also discovered I couldn't get to Plex. When I looked at the ARP table on the MacBook, the MAC address was listed as "incomplete" rather than reflecting the actual MAC of the PC. There was no entry at all on the Windows PC for the MacBook. Both devices seemed to be able to access everything else, including the internet, without issue. Adding a static ARP entry on the MacBook did not resolve the issue. I had to add static entries on both devices in order to get connectivity back. Both devices have static IPs and are connected wirelessly to the first 5GHz SSID.

Though not ideal, I was OK with that workaround until I could get it resolved. This morning, though, my wife tried to print something, and the printer was showing as offline, though the printer's status indicated that it was connected. I tried to connect to its web interface from my MacBook and, sure enough, the MAC showed as "incomplete." The only way to resolve it (since I can't add a static ARP entry on the printer) was to reboot the router. That also temporarily resolved the initial issue, but only for a period of a few hours, and rebooting it multiple times a day is not a feasible solution.

There's nothing particularly complex about my network, and nothing like this issue ever occurred with my previous router (a Linksys EA9300). Turning on ARP binding did not help.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX-11000 ARP issue
2021-02-02 17:51:58 - last edited 2021-02-02 19:50:23

@MrFurious 

Try to use Address Reservation in you router Network => DHCP Server and set the ip addresses of both computers to be acquired automatically (by router's DCHP server).

Then observe the routers ARP table to see if everything is OK.

Turn off the randomizing of the MAC addresses of both computers if they are turned on:

Here are some example wireless settings to try if you already haven't.

Wireless settings:

Additional wireless settings:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-02 19:21:46

Thanks for the quick response!

- I did try using DHCP reservations rather than static IPs, but unfortunately the symptoms persisted in both cases.

- The wireless settings you posted reflect how I have mine set, though with a password set. I can provide a screenshot if that would help.

- I don't have MAC randomization turned on

- Also, the MAC addresses for both devices appeared in the Archer's ARP table correctly, even when the connectivity issues were going on.

One thing I thought of after I posted was that I hooked a USB drive to the router before this started happening. I've unplugged that, and made sure that SMB is turned off, to see if that prevents the issue from recurring.

Options
2021-02-02 19:45:19

@MrFurious 

OK, keep observing with USB drive unplugged, if the problem started with plugging it.

The passwords in my screenshots are purposely removed - if you're posting similar screenshots it's advisable to remove yours.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 606

Replies: 3