Overheating in Archer T9UH AC1900

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-02 16:22:30 - last edited 2021-02-04 11:15:22
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1030.22.405.2017

I have recently bought the AC1900 adapter and it is working good but with extreme high temperature. It is connected to USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type A port and also I checked to connect it to a USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A port from a TUF-GAMING motherboard Z490-PLUS; both showed same results. Does it normal? Is there any different setup that can be done from advanced options from driver part?(Windows 10) I saw several posts in other forums related to this but it is not clear for me the cause, if it can be fixed with a different set up and if it can impact the device-life. Tks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Overheating in Archer T9UH AC1900
2021-05-04 18:41:41

@AleArg i bought it several days ago and just used it today for the first time.

I installed the drivers from tp-link website.

I tested it in open air ( under shade not exposed to direct sunlight of course ) .

The temperature was around 24-25 degrees celsius and a bit windy.

The adapter ran ok all tough i experienced a few disconnects at first but soon all was ok.

I used it to connect to my house on the second floor in the garden .

I connected trough parsec to stream some games from my pc.

I didn't find any lags or drops in quality of the stream that would indicate any drop in performance.

My unit did got pretty hot.

I could hold my fingers on it but it was at the point where it started to burn a bit but more but nothing too serious that i needed to move the fingers.

I also want to know if this is normal behavior from this device or not.

As we all know heat is one of the major problems with electronics and should be kept in check.

Can some tp-link representative answer this question to us ?

Thank you !

Alex

Options
2021-05-05 11:37:06

A small update.

After speaking to a tp-link representative, he told me that the normal working temperature should be around 40 degrees celsius.

I went to the store from where i bought it and exchanged to an identical model.

This one doesn't get nearly as hot as the previous one .

In conclusion this is not normal and if you plan to use it long term you should try to change it.

Take care !

ALex

Options
2021-05-06 01:54:16

@Xsander  thanks for the information. Not sure exactly, but I think is more than 40 celsius degrees in my case in concordance with your comments about it is not possible to maintain my fingers more than 10 or 20 seconds in over the device.

Thanks again!

Options
2021-09-18 15:29:51

i have the same issue, i bought this adapter a days ago, and i saw the temperature is over a 40c. I'm in touch with tp-link support on brazil and they don't know nothing about that it's normal or not. Anyone have any solution for this?

Options
2021-09-18 17:44:55 - last edited 2021-09-18 17:45:50

@AleArg

I am still using the device and I think is working at 45-50 °C; I can matain my fingers at the center of the device by 20-30 or more seconds but it feels really hot. I did not change it but if you can do it, go ahead (based on previous comments). My plan is to keep it but I am not going to buy again any hardware from TP-Link again. 

Ale

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2389

Replies: 5