AX73 Tether App not showing client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX73 Tether App not showing client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:AX73 Tether App not showing client
2021-10-13 07:01:25

@justWoody 

What is the iOS version of the phone, and what is the Tether app version on it? Can I have a screenshot of the Tether app that displays no clients? Does it display a "-"?

What if you login to its web interface, will the connected devices show up on the Clients correctly? 

May I know the network layout/diagram? Is it as simple as ISP modem---AX73---client devices (Wireless and LAN)? Are there any other extenders or switches in the network?

Options
2021-10-13 07:10:59

@Kevin_Z 

The Tether App is 3.4.44 (Build 55)

I am on IOS 15.0.2

This is the clients tab on the tether app

My network is the router linked to a cable modem with an additional powerline adapter contected via OneMesh

This all worked fine on my old router C3200 with the tether app

Options
2021-10-13 09:01:59

@justWoody 

Are all the devices connected to the AX73 network or powerline extender network? Is it possible to confirm this? Or you can simply unplug the powerline adapter from the network, and let the devices connect to the AX73 directly, will they show up in the Client List?

How about the web interface, are the connected devices show up on the Clients correctly?

Options
2021-10-13 09:27:56

@Kevin_Z 

All clients are getting access to the internet via the wifi both from the main router and the powerline adapter

The Web interface shows the clients that are connected correctly

The problem is that the tether app and its functions are not working properly + I want to be albe to use these functions e.g. setting limits to certain clients on my kids devices as I could with the previous router

Options
2021-10-14 01:26:51

@justWoody 

If possible, please try with a different phone, you can try it on an Android or an iPhone with a lower iOS version.

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2021-10-14 09:51:55

@Kevin_Z 

This has not been working for a few months so I did have my iPhone in earlier versions of IOS with no difference 14.x onwards

+ don't have an Andriod device to test against

Options
2021-11-02 15:23:59

@Kevin_Z 

Same problem happen to me since last weekend, I bought the AX73 from Amazon 3 months ago. 

the firmware is up to date (1.0.4 build 2021717 rel.62921). I tried install the Tether app in both IOS & Android.

Same thing, every time open the app it show " Connection time out".

Options
2021-11-02 15:28:54

@Chongz 

FYI I ended up performing a hard reset of the router (press pin in on the back of it) and it is all working again now

Options
Related Articles