Deco M9 Plus Connection with other Deco models

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-05 13:33:18
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello...

Is it possible to connect a M5, M4 or another type of Deco unit, to my M9 plus 3 pack I have now?

And...if you have a set (2 units) of Nokia Mesh units (they came for free with my new fiber connection in my new house), can I use them within the Deco Mesh system? 

Thank for all the answers ;-)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Connection with other Deco models
2021-02-05 13:57:40 - last edited 2021-02-05 14:22:05

E.S.C. wrote

Is it possible to connect a M5, M4 or another type of Deco unit, to my M9 plus 3 pack I have now?

@E.S.C. 

I have 2-pack M9 and single M5, they work together just fine.

A word of advise: if you plan to use WiFi backhaul with additional Deco units, it makes sense to buy more M9. Otherwise you will be losing the primary benefit of M9 when it comes to new units: dedicated backhaul. It makes the difference.

In case you plan to wire new units with Ethernet cables, running M4, M5, M9 together in Deco mesh is totally OK. 

This is how much difference dedicated wireless backhaul makes, based on non-scientific tests in my household, with ISP speed at up to 350Mbps. Running speedtest from Android smartphone connected to Deco units:

Main Deco M9 wired - 350Mbps

Satellite Deco M9 wireless, using dedicated backhaul - 350Mbps

Satellite Deco M5 wired - 350 Mbps

Satellite Deco M5 wireless, does not have dedicated backhaul - 170-200Mbps

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus Connection with other Deco models
2021-02-11 09:25:40
Hi... Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my LATE reply ;-) I think I have to buy an other M9 unit for the best result. Now I have these 2 pcs. NOKIA Mesh units that came with my Fiber connection, is there any way I can connect them to the main M9 unit as a access point, so they can be used only for my video security? Here I think the DCHP is going to be deactivated...right? Thanks for any answers ;-)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 2

Related Articles