Devices incorrectly reported offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-07 03:36:47
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

I just set up a new Deco M5 mesh system and have discovered an annoying issue.  I have a couple of devices (a Ring Doorbell, and a smart Water Heater) that are constantly reported as "offline" in the Deco app (and even trigger disconnect/connect notifications) but when I check them on their respective apps they are connected and even transmitting data.

I have tried disabling "Mesh Technology" for these devices and even went as far as to set up IP address reservations for the devices but nothing seems to fix the problem.  

They are connecting to different nodes in the mesh so it is not a problem with a single M5 device.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Devices incorrectly reported offline
2021-02-08 22:20:34
I have the same with one of my two home servers. One is Windows and reports online fine, the other is running XigmaNas and shows as constantly offline. I managed to have it show online with a particular network setting (CIFS/SMB -> Network Interfaces), but it caused network access to it (ironically). I'm wondering whether there is something to do with the way certain Linux systems respond to the Decos.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 1

Related Articles