Satellite Deco Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-09 18:59:43
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

Hi,

Need help re my connection with the satellite deco. 

First and foremost - the main deco is connected to router via ethernet cable and is working perfectly fine and is currently on Router Mode.

Now, my 2nd deco (satellite) is also connected via wifi and showing green light. Here are the 2 problems i observed and no idea how to fix:

1. The main deco is downstairs and satellite deco is upstairs. But most,if not all, of my devices that are upstairs are connecting to the main deco, not to the satellite deco which is supposedly closer to these devices.

2. And in the event that a device do gets connected to the satellite deco, it will have no internet connection that even Speedtest will not run.

Hoping i can get some answers the soonest. Appreciate it!

Thanks,

Don

Options
3 Reply
Re:Satellite Deco Connection
2021-02-09 20:47:13

@DonAbritz additionally, this satellite deco keeps on getting disconnected. The device light is green but on app it says "Disconnected from other Decos"

Options
2021-02-09 21:29:17 - last edited 2021-02-09 21:29:54

@DonAbritz 

Move Satellie Deco closer to Main Deco, see if it fixes Satellite Deco connection problems.

Ideally, Satellite Deco using wireless backhaul must be placed in the middle between Main Deco and devices that will be connected to Satellite Deco.

Options
2021-02-10 17:00:09

@Alexandre. thanks for the response. my house is really not that big so i don`t think it`s the issue. In fact, my bro-in-law has the M4 and he placed the satellite deco inside the room at the 2nd floor and his is working fine. Mine - i`m placing the satellite deco outside the 2nd floor room which is a lil closer to the main deco. i don`t know if it`s how i set it up but i already done it multiple times but still the same problem. My devices connects to the main deco and not to the satellite deco but when it does, there will be no internet connection.

Options