AX11000 Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX11000 Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX11000 Problems
AX11000 Problems
2021-02-11 10:34:07
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello,

I have a router AX11000 and I noticed some bugs:

1. After a reboot it will make multiple attepmts until a connection is established (number of attempt is random form 1 to 16 attempts). I tried an old router Archer C9 and that is connected from first attept afyer reboot. I see that on router logs  and on ISP connections log.

2. WPA3 is not working correctly.

a. When I have WPA3 enabled the WPS button is not working (that is fustrating, because on some devices I want to connect with WPS).

b. I have an S10+ and with WPA3 and Smart connect my connection keeps freezeng and I need to disconnect and reconnect my phone to WiFi. I receive No Internet connection on my phone and sometimes Autentification error. This errors appear when I change my position and router need to switch band automatic from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz or viceversa (with smart connect). With WPA2 and Smart connect everything is working normaly.

3. On Theater APP if I try to enable High priority on a device e receive an message that says to set QoS before using this feature. QoS is enabled and set-up but this message keeps appear. From web interface the feature is working fine, but on theater app no. I have tested this feature from theater app on an Archer A7 V5 and I there everything is working fine, but on AX11000 not.

4. With firmware 1.1.1. I noticed a drop in WiFi signal on all 3 bands. I have some spots in house where before update I have a good signal, and now I don't have signal at all or poor signal(I saw that there is also some posts with this problem).

5. With IPv6 I noticed that sometimes is not working (locally - I have a printer connected via IP v6 or internet) and only fix is to restart the router after that is working... I mention that I have setup the router to automatic reboot weekly, but sometimes is stop working after a few days

6. I have a TV, and if I try to connect to the router with smart connect it keeps losing connection. I made a guest network and connect TV to that network and is working perfectly,  but on smart connect no.

7. Like all other users that bought this expensive AX11000 top-line router, I want to receive new features (like OneMesh) ASAP, not on the end. All other routers from compatibility list (except AX10) received Oneness, but AX11000 no... I think development team need to change this strategy, and bring new features first on top-line, not on middle or budget one, because I pay over 400€ on this router... (and for this reason I need to buy another Archer A7 for one mesh with an extender)

All other companies bring new features on top line first and after that on middle and budget one (see samsung, asus or even huawei). This means respect for users that spend a lot of money on top-line products. I was oscillating between Archer AX1000 and Asus GT-AX11000, and I choose this one because on the past I was pleased with my old Archer C7 v2, and with the support for that router...but today, after a year with this router, I started to regret that decision, because I was left behind (and as I saw on another posts there is a lot of people in the same situation).

I understand that you want to deliver best experience possible with on top-line, but as you can see there, bugs will be always on some users, and for this reason I thin a public beta is a good idea, there are a lot of people that want to try new features and firmwares (including me)...and that people can report bugs and give you a feedback, faster and on more specific situations that a limited testing  team can provide.

Thank you and hope on the feature to change strategy and focus on top line first. I'm a consumer that from 2010 bought only TP-Link products (extenders, routers, switches, managed switches, smart plugs and others) for me, friends and companies that I work on...

If your strategy is not changing, feature equipments will be on another brand that respect consumers more.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 884

Replies: 0

Related Articles