Starting to think this P9 is a POS.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-13 11:37:51
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: no idea

I got these about a week ago, and it's been a nightmare. Even when the system is working, I'm getting (according to the Deco app) 9Mb/s throughput. The app helpfully says that "the wifi is probably OK". I'm connected to a 1Gb fibre connection. Youtube, Spotify, etc., stall and buffer all the time. The decos are all located less than 10M apart and plugged into dedicated outlets. 

Worse is that 1-3 times a day the whole system just stops altogether. Phones report "no internet connection" on Wifi. Trying to disconnect and reconnect fails at "obtaining IP address". The Deco app reports it can't find any decos. I have to physically unplug the routers and plug them back in so that it will start working again. When I do, if I try to log in to the Web UI, it usually times out, or the page loads halfway and then shows a popup that says "operation failed". On the rare occasion I do manage to log into the Web UI, it always shows CPU usage at 100%. 

According to the Deco app there are no updates available (it's had a couple over the last week). The firmware page in the web UI times out 100% of the time so I have no idea what the current firmware version is. 

That the CPU is pegged at 100% all the time, and they can only stay running (poorly) for a few hours at a time makes me think there is something very wrong with the firmware. But surely they didn't release a firmware in this state...did they? There isn't anything abnormal connected to the network, a smart TV, a couple of phones, a Macbook, and a couple of Nest hubs. 

Any advice about where to go from here? Is it worth continuing with these or should I return them and try to find something that works?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Starting to think this P9 is a POS.
2021-02-13 13:18:01

@AlanInSitges 

If you want to try something, configure Deco to run in Access Point mode, to see if it changes anything. If not, or if you want to use parental controls, filtering, antivirus - just return them and look for a mesh from a different brand. Whatever you have in your house, on your network, does not seem to be working well with Deco mesh.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 1