Airprint no longer works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Airprint no longer works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Airprint no longer works
Airprint no longer works
2021-02-13 14:39:40 - last edited 2021-02-13 14:42:12
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I have recently installed a 3 AP Deco system in my home, and now can no longer print to an Epson WF3620 Workplace printer.

The printer has an Ethernet cable to the main network and a static IP address, subnet mask and default gateway.  If I enable wireless networking the main Ethernet connection fails.

When connecting the WiFi to the same SSID and password as the original WiFi setup, which usd to work, I get the following error messages from the printer.

*Multiple network names (SSID) that match your entered network name (SSID) have been detected.  Confirm network name (SSID).

*A router/access point channel conflict has been detected.  If you have problems printing or scanning improve your wireless network,

I have tried removing the Ethernet cable and using the WiFi only, but that doesn't work.

I then replaced the static IP with DHCP and tried again.  Once again, as soon as I enabled the WiFi as well as the Ethernet connection the connection failed.

I've tried reserving a DHCP address (as some network devices need a static address to use the printer, and again, as soon as I enable the WiFi the connection is lost.

In all cases, when using DHCP, if the WiFi is enabled the IP address leased is an APIPA address

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Airprint no longer works
2021-02-15 10:47:45
I have resolved the issue by switching the APs to AP mode rather than router. This has removed the additional subnet and now the printer is on a single subnet with a single IP address contactable from both the wired and wireless network. Regards to all Silver Fox
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 759

Replies: 1

Related Articles