Deco M5 : Speed is good except for one iPhone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-13 14:42:16
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 build 20201022

I bought the M5 about 2 years ago and generally it's been ok...However we do have a problem in that when we do speed tests on our iPhones (family of four) three of us get about 38mbps, which is about right for our area. Unfortunately my son with his IPhone 11 was only getting about 3mbps on average.

He bought a new IPhone 12 today and on checking his speed, it was still about 2-3mbps...

Any Ideas?

Ive tried various things like rebooting, checking blacklist, switching between 2.4 and 5 ghz, switching to guest network etc

Its driving him nuts!!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 : Speed is good except for one iPhone
2021-02-13 15:27:19

@Dashlate 

Have you tried playing with QoS settings? See Using QoS feature of Deco

Also, as a quick test, you could temporarily switch Deco mesh to Access Point mode and see if it makes the difference. If it does, and iPhone12 gets better speed, then there is a hope: something somewhere can be tuned in Deco router mode settings.

If, on the other hand, even in Deco Access Point mode there is no speed improvement for that iPhone, it means whatever you'll try to do in Deco configuration settings unlikely to have positive effect. Access Point mode is very much unrestricted pass through.

Finally, have you tried different speed test tools? I prefer fast.com web page, works everywhere in a browser, gives consistent results.

Options
Re:Deco M5 : Speed is good except for one iPhone
2021-02-13 17:40:40

@Alexandre. 

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your help. The M5 doesn't have QOS settings by the look of it. Also it already is in access point mode. 

My son has just tried fast.com and he got 29mbps!  

Still getting 3 MBPS on his Speedtest app though!!

Options