Setup connection fail

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup connection fail

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setup connection fail
Setup connection fail
2013-02-22 13:49:17
Region : China

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

tried to run the easy setup assistant but failed the connection test. The WLAN indicator did not flash or light up, don't know if that is the problem.

Have checked the cables and they are working fine. As this router is 3 yrs old, should I get a new one? Does it appear to be a hardware problem?

THanks
Options
8 Reply
Re:Setup connection fail
2013-02-22 21:20:32
The connection test is for Internet for not for WLAN. WLAN is WIFI indicator to see the WIFI is on or off. Reset the router and try to configure it again with the correct information especially the WAN connection type which is various with ISP. If all the information are correct, still the same. Get a new router.
Options
2013-02-23 20:02:41
Thank you for your reply.

The setup test say that the network cable is unplugged.

I have checked both the cables connecting from the modem to the WAN port and the LAN port to the computer and they are working fine.

I also noticed that the LAN 1-4 indicator and the WAN indicators are flashing regardless of whether a cable is connected to those ports.

Hope you can assist.
Options
2013-02-23 22:01:29
If cables are working fine but the lights are flashing abnormal, i think it is time to get a new router. This router has something wrong with the hardware now.
Options
2013-02-24 20:49:02
I have now bought a new router but for some reason it now fails the second test ( network status). First test is passed. It says the wan port cable is unplugged but I made sure the cable is plugged in to the wan port and the modem and I used multiple ethernet cables to make sure the cables are working.

The IP address is detected when I typed in the default in IE but I don't have connection to WAN. Also the WAN light is not lit up.

I am wondering if this is a modem issue but there is no issues when I connect direct btw modem and computer.

Thanks for your help.
Options
2013-02-24 23:20:08
What is the IP address that your network adapter gets when it is directly connected to the modem?
Options
2013-02-25 10:54:12
It is the default ip address for the router. I can login to the tplink router page using the default ip.

Only cannot establish the wan connection to internet.
Options
2013-02-27 05:28:28
can you post the screenshots of your modem n router setup pages are they both from tp-link or the modem is from some other brand ??

and find the router and modems IP addresses , for the tplink router the default is 192.168.0.1 if your modem has the same then its a IP address conflict

what i feel is your modem is not connecting to the internet probable u didnt configured it correctly check the internet connectivity by connecting ur laptop directly to the modem , if the internet is working , then you need to make sure the ethernet cable from modem's WAN port is going in to the routers WAN port
and check the connectivity again
Options
2013-02-27 17:59:11
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2816

Replies: 8

Related Articles