Deco M4R EU

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4R EU

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4R EU
Deco M4R EU
2021-02-15 13:47:58
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

I bought this product, and i am very happy with it, Thank You Tp-link.smiley

It is a great piece of hardware, and stylish too, niceyes

But the software lacks some features like web based login via pc, and manual channel settings would be great to have,

because during my setup i had to reboot my deco's 5 times to get the proper channels, for the best WIFI solution in my area.

My neighbors WIFI is auto jumping channels all the time, and overlapping the network.

We all know channel 1-6-11 would be the best choices in 2,4Ghz. And weather conditions do play a big role with the radio signal, so these test is done the same day.

Now i am running ch -3+ at 2,4Ghz, and ch -48+ at 5Ghz, this is my best solution for now, with only one overlap sometimes at 2.4Ghz (no more Reboots).indecision

I would preferred running these settings at all times, but i think that ain't gonna happen without an manual solution.

Throughput cat5e cable to Ethernet Intel i211 Down/470/Up/425Mbit. With deco auto start settings jumping to other channels, with more overlapping i get Max 300/300Mbit.  

If this manual channel solution could be added to a new firmware update, it would be the best mesh buying network choice overall, i have all ready recommend it to 2 others.

All channel testing are done with inSSIDer Home V3.1.2.1, sometimes security says it is open, running AP, WPA2-Personal Hidden, this must be a bug in inSsider home right.

Best Regards Denmark

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 439

Replies: 0

Related Articles