Laptop won't connect using 802.11ac

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-15 13:54:49
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a Deco M4 with 5 units at my home.

Using my mobile i can get speed up to 500Mbs (its my ISP speed), but in my Laptops (both with AX protocol), i can only connect with 802.11N

I get a top speed of 150Mbs, how can i fiz this?

Also tried connecting ethernet, and the speed its the same.

All deco's are in AP mode in a 1Gigabit infrastructure.

Any thoughts?  I'm really lost. Already rebooted everything, updated my Thinkpad i15 drivers....

Deco app setup its very limited, i can't force 2,4Ghz or 5Ghz... nothing....

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Aatónio 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Laptop won't connect using 802.11ac
2021-02-15 14:40:36

@Vagueante 

You can force 5GHz. Configure WiFi settings in Deco app to disable 2.4 GHz on Main Network. Leave 2.4 GHz on Guest Network if you have devices that need it, and make those devices connect to Guest Network.

Make sure your laptop does not know Guest Network SSID - if it does, make it Forget that SSID under Windows network settings.

Here is how I force 5GHz for my devices on Main Network:

I would suggest you try that first, and see if laptop can connect to Main Network that broadcasts on 5GHz only, and if it does - at what speed as reported by Windows (image shamelessly lifted from TP-Link FAQ article):

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 333

Replies: 1

Related Articles