Archer C6 Router Dynamic DNS Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 Router Dynamic DNS Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Archer C6 Router Dynamic DNS Problems
2021-02-19 01:23:07
It seems to me that in this case the problem is with the remote access to the C6 than the Dynamic DNS resolution.
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-19 07:51:14

@Ivaylo 

Hello

Indeed, the problem presented here is the failure to access the WebGUI interface of Router C6 from internet, at the dynamic DNS level it was verified that if it accessed correctly.

I want to express my sincere thanks for help me understand the Router C6 problem. I would like TP-LINK to review this forum to release a new firmware where access to the WebGUI interface can be accessed from internet and that is compatible with any DNS server including the DNS of the ISPs.

I will be attentive to any news or notification on this subject.

I subscribe to your account, you are the best!!!!

Options
2021-02-19 10:00:28

@GA_Polo 

Thanks for the kind words, you're welcome.

We can continue troubleshooting the C6 remote access.

That will involve sharing some screenshots of your ISP router port-forwarding settings and a simple network diagram of your connected devices.

if you are up to that, just let me know.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-20 07:06:13

@Ivaylo 

Ok, I will send you the data by message or email

Options
2021-02-20 08:03:16

@Ivaylo 

Hello

This is the presentation of the business wireless network I that manage:

It consists of 12 wireless routers where each one manages an independent LAN network since the hosts are many. The network is structured in two physical transmission standards: Fast Ethernet 100Base cable and Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base cable. In the case of Routers C6, they are linked by the Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base cable until Gigabit Switches unmanaged of access and distribution. The distribution switches connect directly to ISP router.

The Link service by ISP is done through FTTH in which it offers three communication services: telephony, IPTV and internet, which are structured in VLANS of the 802.1Q standard.

The Port Forwarding services in the ISP router is designed as follows:

As the routers offer their administration through WebGUI interface, the port numbering is different for each router in order to avoid port conflicts. 

Options
2021-02-20 23:10:53

@Ivaylo 

Yes, all WAN Routers are on the LAN 192.168.1.0/24 is provided by default by ISP router

Yes, the switches are unmanageable

Yes, the C6 Routers were updated to the latest version, in the images you can see the version of Firmware 

Options
2021-02-21 01:58:16 - last edited 2021-02-21 07:31:12

@GA_Polo 

OK. Lets do the configuration change only for one C6 for example - first one - management port 8080 (if you don't mind, or other at your choice).

Assure yourself that the remote access in the C6 Web GUI looks like this:

After successful configuration "Web Address for Management:" field in your case should display something like this: https://192.168.1.X:443

Add in your ISP router a NEW (additional) port-forwarding rule for the C6 IP address in question 192.168.1.X, like this:

Note: If you are using port 443 (HTTPS) for a service in your network and it is opened in the ISP router, then we have to change that, before you proceed further.

Save the changes in your ISP router.

Then test the remote access to that C6 device - http://<public IP address>:8080 (test should be with the public IP address from a different ISP network).

Options
2021-02-21 08:14:02

@Ivaylo 

Ok, let's clarify the experiment:

Do you want to me open port 443 on the ISP router and enter from remote network (different ISP) with the public address with port 8080?

because the experiment should be on port 443

Options
2021-02-21 08:42:40
Yes, you got it right. Open the 443 port on the ISP router to the C6(8080) IP address and test with public IP on port 8080 in the browser.
Options
2021-02-22 05:37:11

@Ivaylo 

Ok, I'II do the experiment this monday at night and I'll send you the data

Options
Related Articles