Archer A9 router keeps dropping the connection on all connected devices.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-17 09:49:17
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200416

I’ve had the archer A9 wireless router for about 3 months now. My wireless connection keeps dropping and it does not function properly unless I restart the router! I have tried rebooting, updating the firmware but the problem still persists. It seems that the wireless card of the router is defective. Please let me know what needs to be done. This is extremely irritating and disappointing. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer A9 router keeps dropping the connection on all connected devices.
2021-02-17 16:09:12

@Sat_08 

I am experiencing the same problem. I have read that the Wifi channel may be a problem where there is interference from other devices, but I don't see anything in the User Manual to change the channel used for Wifi.

I turned off SmartConnect and then disabled the Wireless Radio for 2.4.

I am going with that for now to see if that helps.

Options
2021-02-17 16:16:36

You can change the 2.4GHz band channel from the wireless settings when the Smart Connect is off.

You can try different channels to see if tat will improve the wireless connection stability (for ex. 1,6,11), for channel width you can try with 20Mhz.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-18 09:49:12
I called on the tp-link toll-free customer support. They made me do some changes to the router settings (like changing the bandwidth, channel frequency, etc). It is now working properly now. I suggest you call them and get it fixed. It won't take much time.
Options
2021-02-19 00:23:40

@Sat_08 

Thank you @sat_08!

I will give them a call.

Elaine

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1286

Replies: 4

Related Articles