Connection loss every once in a while

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-23 21:46:18
Region : Italy

Model : TL-WN722N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good day..
I recently installed Win8 and used the Beta Driver, it seemed to work perfectly fine the first two weeks but now the connection is somehow faulty.. It drops every now and then..
Tested with two separate systems in the same wlan, ping -t on the google dns.
One has 0% loss and the Win8 system with the TL-WN722N has a loss of 20-70% but sometimes it seems to work fine again.

I can't seem to find any other error on the system or in the network.

many thanks in advance, lordschmatt
Options
4 Reply
Re:Connection loss every once in a while
2013-02-24 15:44:06
Change the channel of the wifi router .
Options
2013-02-24 17:40:18
What is signal level and interference from other wireless networks on your computer? You can install inSSIDer and make tests.
Options
2013-02-25 12:28:48
I have the same issue using TL-WN722N V1 and the TL-WN722N_V1_Win8_Beta driver under windows 8
No issues at all under windows 7 on the same machine but with windows 8 the connection drops especially when under load, i.e., when moving large files over the network.
Router is set to channel 9 Signal strength -55dBm, other wi-fi in the area area mostly on 6 with one on 1 so I doubt it is an interference issue, that would also be an issue when booted into windows 7 and this is not the case, just when in Win8.
Options
2013-02-25 16:24:56
imho changing the channel wouldn't do the job, since my network works perfectly fine even from the same spot, and I dont cross any other networks in my area.

@shieldstuk
for me its not specific on high network load, just every now and then.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 459

Replies: 4