Wired connection keeps on dropping, wireless stable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-23 18:04:13
Region : Romania

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.12 Build 120405 Rel.33996n

ISP :

Hi

Just got my 43ND a few days ago and since then the wired connection dropped 4 times while the wireless connection is stable.
When I first tried to set up the router, I had to clone the MAC address and set it to Dynamic IP.
After that, connecting my wireless printer would always case my laptop to disconnect. So I had to reset the router and I used the IP binding option to bind my desktop, laptop and printer.

Right now my desktop is set to 192.168.0.100, my laptop to 101 and my printer to 102 while other devices connect automatically. The IP range is between 100 and 199 while the lease time is 120 (default). Other than this I haven't made any changes.

However, I got 4 dropouts in 4 days. The WLAN led simply turns off and I have to unplug the router and plug it back. However, everytime I do this, if I have my laptop on, I get a IP conflict on my laptop yet the laptop remains connected so all I have to do is close the dialog box.

Also, in the ARP list, along with the 3 devices I added, I get the laptop again with 103 IP, if I reset the laptop or the connection. However it is unbound. Is this normal? I can delete it without any problems and the laptop remains connected, using the IP I selected for it.

Can you guys give me a hand here? It's my first router and somehow I think it's something I'm doing wrong. I already contact the tech support and I am waiting for an answer but any extra info would be useful.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wired connection keeps on dropping, wireless stable
2013-06-25 15:25:58
OK, so I had to reset the router AGAIN since it froze over night. Everything is now set on automatic and I only changed the lease time to max hoping it will work but i didn't. I had to reboot it 12 hours later since again, the wired connection dropped. Actually, I haven't checked the wireless connection this time but the only led ON was the PWR led, all other leds were OFF.
--
I think I'm taking this back for a replacement. Hope the new one won't do this.
Options
Re:Wired connection keeps on dropping, wireless stable
2013-08-09 01:38:16
I got a new one and it has the same problems. I tried contacting TP-Link 5 times, email and phone but no luck.
From now on TP-Link is a NO for me.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1399

Replies: 2