Can't configure the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-18 18:41:03
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have tried everything to configure my router but when I try to log in on http://tplinkwifi.net, it says I am not connected /I am!/ and I also cleared the browsing history and tried different browsers. When I try to log in on http://192.168.0.1 with user/password ''admin'' it says it is wrong. I have reset the router now, hoping after it will take the username and password but it still doesn't and I need to finish the configuration asap. Would you please be able to help me?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't configure the router
2021-02-18 18:54:14

@hidalgo22 

Do you have more than one tp-link device in your network ?

Try connect to the router directly via wi-fi (details for SSID/wireless password - sticker on the bottom of the device).

Then login with the default username/password (admin/admin) and configure the device. Then wire it according to your infrastructure.

Hard reset (method 1) if you can't login with admin/admin into the device's Web GUI.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-18 19:08:27

@Ivaylo 

There are no more tp link devices. The router was connected to only the modem and to my laptop via wi-fi. I read somewhere if I cant log in I should unplug the ethernet cabel from the modem, which I did and miracle! I could log in with admin admin. I chose WAN connection type, Dynamic IP then clicked Next and it just said there is no connection. Then put the cabel back to the modem and now I cant log in again.

Options
2021-02-18 19:23:16 - last edited 2021-02-18 19:24:09

What modem are you using ? Post a screenshots of the router WAN and LAN settings here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-18 19:34:37

@Ivaylo 

It is a Sagemcom modem. I can't log in again so unable to take screenshots of the settings unfortunately. I don't even understand how was it possible to log in when I wasn't connected to the modem

Options
2021-02-18 19:41:20 - last edited 2021-02-18 20:07:06

@hidalgo22 

I presume the cable is connection between modem LAN port and the router WAN port.

Remove the cable from the modem and see if you can regain an access to the router.

Make the screenshots, then restore the topology and post them.

Try accesing the router by its IP address (it may not be 192.168.0.1) to be sure that it's the router itself.

If you still can't get access to the router, you can hard reset the router as per my initial post and start over configuring from scratch.

Options