WA830RE connection to router drops out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-24 21:54:57
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've set up the WA8830RE twice now and it stays connected to the router for a while then loses its connection. This has happened twice so each time I've gone through the setup process and then it repeats.

Advice to solve would be appreciated.
Options
7 Reply
Re:WA830RE connection to router drops out
2013-02-25 00:59:49
this toys r sensible, as u post u configurated twice, my advice is, default it with pin http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=202 then u have to know and let as know what ur doing, u posted I've set up the WA8830RE twice now its like going to the Doctor and just telling him Im sick, the first q the Doctor is going to ask u, whats ur problem to start treating u.
Same with ur RE, what u want to do AP or Unversal Repeat, wired or wireless, and dont forget to post what security ur repeating, some of these toys r sensible to WEP security.
And example the 730RE Ver2 does not like WEP only repeats via Lan, and loves WPA wireless.
Options
2013-02-26 04:20:46
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : 1.0

Firmware Version : 3.12.17 Build 111108 Rel.31187n

ISP : BT

StephenR - I have been having the same problem. I have a Apple Time Capsule as my wireless router in the front room of my house. The extender is in the rear bedroom where I get a medium to good reception from the Time Capsule. Setting the extender up to see the Wi-Fi network created by the Time Capsule goes fine - all seems to be working ok. Lights are on as they should be, reception improves dramatically outside the house and throughput seems good. Then, randomly the connection drops. This happens on both mine and my wife's iPhone. The signal just disappears and the Wi-Fi network doesn't even show up on the network list on the iPhone. Sometimes the network comes back (sometimes within a minute or so) and other times I have to reset the extender.
--------------------
Note : I have just changed the IP of the extender from 192.168.0.254 to 192.168.1.254 and can now ping the extender from my PC. We will see if this makes any difference.

P.S. danymarc, just an observation but when trying to help people with problems, I find communicating in English helps. Any chance of a translation from Teen Speak to Human Speak?
Options
2013-02-26 06:25:11
Andy on post #3 you are decribing the normal behavior of the TL-WA830RE, in my case everything worked flawless for the first 3 months, and started to behave, same with iPhones and iPad, lose one of the three bars, and other times like you guys lose it all, i have found that we get what we paid for, and even if you activate Ping Watch Dog you cant rely on it, ip change and add your main router gateway no go either.
A solution that works for me, once a week disconnect from wall. after 1 minute connect back.
Dont like it, reset it, reload firmware (just be carefull to choose right version) and start a new configuration, once u get it working again, back up ur data and save it, so next time you just reset the RE and reload your back up.
Options
2013-03-10 22:57:00
Hi there I am having the same problems you are all talking about. My unit is TL-WA830RE Let me run you through my list
1 did the auto setup no problems, when i do wi-fi search on laptop or mobile device the router name comes up twice, is this correct?
2 just as you mentioned the signal drops from my device and i have to power the unit down then back on and it work fine but not for a long period is this correct?

Any input to resolve this matter greatly appreciated
Options
2013-03-11 00:25:24
Bolometer answer #1 yes is correct you will always see two
#2 read post #4
Or enable DHCP to the RE but have to change subnet of RE to avoid ip conflicts with main router and other devices at home you really have to know what you are doing to enable DHCP that might solve your Apple issues
Options
2013-03-11 01:13:12
Thanks danymarc for the input, on point two this is what i am doing but that cannot be right I have also contacted TP-Link on this matter see if they can provide a solution, again many thanks.
Options
2013-03-11 04:50:00
Bolometer when you have solved your issue, like working for 6 weeks flawless, post it, many post same or similar issue, so problem will be solved.
one guy name Terryble on other forum, posted that once he enable DHCP solved his problems.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 960

Replies: 7

Related Articles