Is there a differnce between 741N and 741ND? Setup fail message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-25 01:30:47
Region : China

Model : TL-WR741ND

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My router box and the router itself are listed as 741N. I find no reference in the forums or on the website to this model. During setup, I can ping the router from the cmd prompt, but then it fails during the Easy-Setup assistant. I need to use the Easy setup because the language is otherwise Chinese, but it fails the network test. One of the two messages it sends are "Check the Model number". Is this a possibility? Is there a work around or where can I find the proper Setup Assistant software?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Is there a differnce between 741N and 741ND? Setup fail message
2013-02-25 16:47:50
I think the one you have must be a Chinese product, while the easy setup assistant is English version. so maybe that's why the English setup assistant can not recognize this model.
Options
2013-02-26 06:27:07
Yes, it is a Chinese product, I am in China.
Options
2013-02-27 05:01:58

xtremebob wrote

[COLOR=#000000]
My router box and the router itself are listed as 741N. I find no reference in the forums or on the website to this model. During setup, I can ping the router from the cmd prompt, but then it fails during the Easy-Setup assistant. I need to use the Easy setup because the language is otherwise Chinese, but it fails the network test. One of the two messages it sends are "Check the Model number". Is this a possibility? Is there a work around or where can I find the proper Setup Assistant software?

the only difference i know off is that TL-WR741ND has a detachable antenna where as TL-WR741N has no detachable antenna , you can check that for urself if the antenna can be detached its a TL-WR741ND and if not its a TL-WR741N , as you mentioned your box mentions TL-WR741N so i presume by all means its a TL-WR741N ,

did you upgraded ur router firmware ???
can you post the pic of the status page as the one below ?

as you can see that in my router the TL-WR740N is similar to TL-WR740D so thats why tp-link made one firmware for both , you can further check the manual that came with the box it will also mention both models like in the screenshot (on the right top corner)

plus , you can download the Easy setup Disc from here http://www.tp-link.com/Resources/software/TL-WR741ND_v4_Easy_Setup_Assis.zip

let me know how did it went , plus i guess before running the Easy Setup CD try to reset your router by holding the reset button on the back ,

cheeeeeeers
Options
2013-02-27 17:58:06
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 696

Replies: 4

Related Articles