TP-PS310u on a MAC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-PS310u on a MAC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-PS310u on a MAC
TP-PS310u on a MAC
2013-02-25 04:06:47
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PS310U

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Having installed the software on five PC's so far, all working OK the only hurdle is the MAC.

The solution given by TP-Link (article 347) does not work ....yet!
As the Server was installed on windows PC's first, I noted that the print server address is changed automatically from the default to one given by the router. So on the two PS310u setups I have done the servers now have nothing close to the address in the document. Other issues I noted are that there seem to be typo's in the article that further confuse.

On one of the servers the Servers Web page does not show properly on the networked PC's (one PC running Vista and another is the MAC), at this stage I suspect a firmware upgrade may be required on that server.

Once I get the Print Server web page to display properly I can proceed to deal with the MAC installation and advise further on what I find. - But I am getting close! One potential problem with the MAC may be that if you reboot your router the print server address may get changed again. - Not a problem with the windows installation but I just don't know for sure about the MAC as of course there is no software with GUI like the one for windows.

In all cases the first thing to do is to install the drivers for the device, be it a printer scanner or whatever by a direct USB connection. As with the MAC installation I am working on, this proves the printer works OK with a MAC and all that is now required is to sort out the network connections.

If anyone has information on the set up other than the near useless article 347 please let me know! :)
Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-PS310u on a MAC
2013-02-25 16:18:14
the 310U can only be used by the MFP and storage server installed in your computers.
so you just contact tp-link support to get the MFP and storage server for windows 8.
Options
2013-02-25 22:01:22

chocolate wrote

the 310U can only be used by the MFP and storage server installed in your computers.
so you just contact tp-link support to get the MFP and storage server for windows 8.
I think you posted in the wrong thread! - That statement makes no sense in this one
Options
2013-02-25 23:07:50

Blagard wrote

On one of the servers the Servers Web page does not show properly on the networked PC's (one PC running Vista and another is the MAC), at this stage I suspect a firmware upgrade may be required on that server.

My oversite, I noticed the Web Page is not listed as supported by Vista - only XP and Windows 7. It was no surprise that it would not show on a MAC. While a firmware upgrade is available it does not list the Web Page interface as being changed/upgraded for either Vista or a MAC.
Options
2013-02-26 02:24:17

Blagard wrote

My oversite, I noticed the Web Page is not listed as supported by Vista - only XP and Windows 7. It was no surprise that it would not show on a MAC. While a firmware upgrade is available it does not list the Web Page interface as being changed/upgraded for either Vista or a MAC.

I have actually got the Print Server Web Page to show. What I did was to notice on the XP/windows 7 PC's that the page loaded was the IP address plus "/system30.htm" tagged on the end
so I tried it manualy on the MAC and the Vista PC and both display the Print Server Page.

If your print server IP is 192.168.1.106 then you would type the following address into your Web browser 192.168.1.106/system30.htm

This works with H/W version 1.4 and firmware 3.100.075.T0004 I can't be sure of other variations.
Options
2013-03-03 20:57:09
I had to give up trying to connect on a MAC 10.8 O.S.

Although the MAC could see the printer, communication for printing was not possible with the error message "communication error" coming up. The MAC could print to the printer direct by USB but not through the Server.

Using the same network and printer setup, printing worked on Windows Vista Laptop PC, so although the printer was not listed as compatible it did work through the server on a Windows PC
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1163

Replies: 5

Related Articles