WDS with 3 x TL-WA801ND v2.1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-25 04:36:42
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA801ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have purchased 3 x 801ND's to use one as a master AP and then the two other ones to be wireless extenders using WDS.

I have managed to get it to work somehow, but when I use a WiFi scanner on my android phone (Wifi Analyzer by Kevin Yuan) it reports the same SSID from the three AP's but each one has a different MAC number. Is this acceptable in practice?

I've made sure all of the AP's have the same WPA password and they all have static IP's 192,168.1.2/3/4 and all have the same correct Gateway IP address.

Does anyone have any idea as to if it's working or not?

Thanks for the help in advance :)

Barney
Options
1 Reply
Re:WDS with 3 x TL-WA801ND v2.1
2013-02-25 04:57:26
to answer ur post Does anyone have any idea as to if it's working or not? on Lap disable the wireless adapter, connect lan cable, make sure ur lan adapter is set to obtain an IP address automatically, should give u internet, thats one test, other, use inSSIDer 2.0, and the easiest one, as u installed to be wireless extenders its cause u had black holes, get close to them and should have all the signal wi-fi bars on android phone.
to answer post three AP's but each one has a different MAC number thats the way it is, with nSSIDer 2.0, u will see the 3 TL-WA801ND
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 498

Replies: 1