port forwarding/upnp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

port forwarding/upnp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
port forwarding/upnp
port forwarding/upnp
2021-02-26 14:45:34 - last edited 2021-02-26 15:23:53
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200716 rel.84595(4555)

Hello,

I have just received this router and im having issues with upnp/port triggering and or port forwarding.

When i setup the initial connection i was open nat using only upnp for destiny 2 and call of duty warzone.

However on rebooting the pc and also getting both my sons to load up COD on their pcs sometimes no one can get open nat and other times 1 can get it.

I have tested with just upnp and i could get open nat but kids couldnt.

Then i tried statics ip addresses and upnp and no one could get open nat? (restarted all pcs and router).

So we then tried manual port forwarding to 3074/3075/3076 on port to each pc and with static ip addresses and still no open nat. (these ports can be forwarded 1 for each pc according to Activision when more than 1 device in a house is needing open nat).

I also tested destiny 2 which gave the same results as above, and i tried COD cold war, again same results.

I have made sure internal windows firewall has it enabled for the ports to be forwarded and open as well.

So i set 1 pc in a DMZ to see if still get open nat this way (would ellimimate pc config issue) and it was indeed open nat instantly, so for me the issue has to be with the way the router is forwarding the ports or something, as with upnp on i can see the rules being created but we still dont get open nat.

I am from the UK and im on FTTP, so i have a white ONT box that the router is plugged straight into, checked the external ip address matches the one in the router so no double nat going on.

any help very much appreciated.

Just to add, now even putting 1 pc in dmz isnt giving open nat either.

So i reset the router again factory defaults again, this time i have not enabled any of the in built game protector, im open but my sons are not.

The upnp shows

1 pc ports as 3074 internal and 3074 external

1 pc ports as 3074 internal and 3112 external

? so where is it going wrong i wonder 

Options
5 Reply
Re: port forwarding/upnp
2021-02-27 05:15:21

@Scorps75 

According to this guide you have to open the following ports:

The problem is that when you port-forwarding these ports through a NAT=>Virtual Servers menu to one of your computers, only this computer can benefit.

If you are using more that one computer for gaming at the same time, I believe you should use NAT=>Port Triggering menu.

Here's a configuration guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-27 08:46:49

@Ivaylo 

Did you read my post?

I have tried port triggering didn't seem to make a difference.

If you forward ports 3074 to one pc, 3075 to a second pc and 3076 to the third pc it is supposed to give you open nat on COD and its what Activision recommend, again i put this in my original post.

Also my model of router which is also included in the first post its not called virtual servers for port forwarding its just `port forwarding`.

So far nothing has helped and the router doesn't seem capable of giving open nat for any length of time to even 1 device and definitely not to all 3, this is why i was asking for input but please read what ive already tried.

Im considering sending the router back but would prefer to know if anyone else has it working with open nat and more than 1 device in the same house also gaining open nat for games - Warzone/destiny 2/black ops cold war etc

Options
2021-02-27 09:31:07 - last edited 2021-02-27 09:31:23

@Scorps75

Sorry, I saw these 3 ports in your post, but I wasn't aware of this Activision recommendation.

Obviously you did that already. Those were my initial thoughts on your problem.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-27 10:00:21

@Ivaylo 

Thanks, and im just frustrated by this as ive had the problem on and off with routers for a while now.

Since my kids have been old enough to game ive had nothing but issues with open nat, if the game makers would allow us to change the port it uses in the game somewhere it would make life so much simpler.

I have contemplated having 3 ip addresses to the house but not many providers offer this, the other option is full cone nat which would help but i believe maybe less secure?

I also have another new router here, the older TP-Link Archer C5400X AC5400 so may try this but im concerned about how old the firmware is for it and whether its secure and or if it works very well.

Options
2021-05-19 05:20:44

@Scorps75 

Model: TL-MR6400

Hardware Version: V5

Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 201207 Rel.56223n

So i have the tplink mr6400 v5 4g i configured a  windows server 2008 r2 webserver port 80 Internet Information services  & remote desktop connection port 3389 doesnt work over internet external  public ip address then internal private  ipaddress only private ip work single ip address LAN working i cannot access anywhere over internet pubic ip adress

Normally i would access my pc from outside my house with my modem.

Now i wanna setup remote desktop connection and it doesn't work.

I used the right external and internal port for remote desktop (3389) and the ip of the pc i wanted to access.

But when i wanna acces it with my ip form my isp it cant connect to it.

It does work locally when I type the external public  IP address from the tplink mr6400 4g router  currently firmware v5 

If i check it of the port is open, i see its closed on overy ip adress that . https://gyazo.com/d66aec2b7541a238c55c75a9402aa7c3

This is my setup; the tplink mr6400 v5  4g router is connected to my modem and from  tplink mr6400 v5 Ethernet  connected to my windows server 2008 R2

Please help Me!!!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1310

Replies: 5

Related Articles