Archer C2300 - product manual inconsistent w/ actual settings in newer firmware versions => problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C2300 - product manual inconsistent w/ actual settings in newer firmware versions => problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-26 20:14:56
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200918 rel.67850

Hi!

I have a problem with the current firmware version as stated above.

In section 14.13.4. DoS Protection in the manual it is stated that you can select sensitivities for different types of DoS Flood attacks. Problem is that there is no such setting in Advanced>System Tools>System Parameters in this firmware version.

This has become an issue lately because the router has disconnected my workstation from Internet access based on - as it appears - indications in the Systems log that this computer was subjected to ICMP-FLOOD attacks. It has happened on several occations, I am now trying to solve this by flipping the crude on/off switches in the HomeCare>Antivirus section to off for "Intrusion Prevention System", and "Infected Device Quarantine". There were no indications whatsoever in the Antivirus log about this, only in the System log.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like the newer firmware versions leaves me with a dumbed-down version of the router as it were with the firmware version it was shipped with. Much less possibilites for me to sort out problems lika these. Also the option to enable/disable MU-MIMO was left out in the newer version, perhaps it is permanently switched off now?

Please illuminate these issues, what is happening in the firmware development department for this router? can I revert back to the original firmware, should I? What do you recommend?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 0