Signal amplification not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-26 22:26:29
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0268.0 Build 180612 Tell.63976n

I'm trying to have this router connect to a router in a different building so I can have a stronger signal to my chromecast with google TV.  My chromecast says connected but no internet.  How do I get the internet to work?  Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Signal amplification not working
2021-02-27 05:41:11 - last edited 2021-02-27 05:53:01

@Hibiscus234 

You can follow this guide for using the WDS feature to extend your wireless network coverage.

Remember that only when the WDS status is 'RUN', the connection is built successfully.

When setting this up, do it while the extended device is not far away from the main router.

Once you have successful connection, place the extended device where you've intended to.

If connection can't be established, then maybe the distance is too long for the wireless signal.

If you've already done all these and still have no internet on your Chromecast, then try changing your ISP provided DNS with 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4.

If that still doesn't help you can follow this guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Signal amplification not working
2021-02-27 09:08:07

@Ivaylo Thank you.  I will try to get it working again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 2

Related Articles