Firmware update suggestions (and bugs)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-27 03:12:31
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:
Hello, my name is Michael better known as mundotv and I would like to make some suggestions based on my experience as a tp-link customer.

These suggestions are based on my daily use and also based on experience using custom firmware with openwrt and dd-wrt.

1 - Firewall configuration option for ipv6 releasing or blocking external connection of a specific device or all devices.

2 - Hostname function to assign names to local ipv4 addresses, this would greatly help a network administrator to manage their devices.

3 - In DDNS add an option to bind the router's ipv6, due to shortages of ipv4 it is easier to open ports in ipv6 and an assigned DDNS would be good.

4 - Still talking about ipv6 add an option to run openvpn on ipv6 allowing external connection by the application on the cell phone, or provide a kind of cloud tunnel.

5 - Adding a scheduling area where the user could add specific commands such as turning off wifi, restarting the router, enabling the parental control function, an area just for that would make it much easier.

6 - I don't know if this would be costly for the router but it would be interesting if the web interface was responsive, adapting to the screen format in case of access via cell phone.

Bugs

1 - DDnS of the tp-link cloud does not update constantly and sometimes the router loses the session of the tp-link cloud account.

2 - sometimes the wifi disconnects and reconnects quickly, I don't know if it's related to the firmware or if my device but everyone connected to my network complained about it.

3 - after enabling traffic monitoring the processor is used from 60% to 70% and interferes a little in connection speed and ping.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 0