Questions about Deco M9 Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-03 08:50:40 - last edited 2021-03-04 12:28:37
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everybody.

I'm thinking of buying three Deco M9s and would like some clarification regarding certain points.

I'm planning on setting them up as APs. 

1. I understand Ethernet backhaul will work, right? Even if they are quite far and the WiFi signal is poor.

2. I have a Hue bridge next to my ISP router. But I can't use Hue lights in some of the rooms that are farther away. I've tried using other Hue lights as repeaters but my wife always ends turning them off. Would the M9s solve my problem, even if they are acting as APs?

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Questions about Deco M9 Plus-Solution
2021-03-03 12:41:32 - last edited 2021-03-04 12:28:37

@Otredomo 

Otredomo wrote

I understand Ethernet backhaul will work, right? Even if they are quite far and the WiFi signal is poor.

Ethernet backhaul works when Deco units are connected to each other by Ethernet cable. How strong WiFi signal between these Deco units and how far they are is irrelevant.

Unless you were asking something else.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Questions about Deco M9 Plus-Solution
2021-03-03 12:41:32 - last edited 2021-03-04 12:28:37

@Otredomo 

Otredomo wrote

I understand Ethernet backhaul will work, right? Even if they are quite far and the WiFi signal is poor.

Ethernet backhaul works when Deco units are connected to each other by Ethernet cable. How strong WiFi signal between these Deco units and how far they are is irrelevant.

Unless you were asking something else.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Questions about Deco M9 Plus
2021-03-03 13:38:14

@Alexandre. I was asking exactly that, in some other post there was doubt about it. Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 537

Replies: 2

Related Articles