External hard drive to Deco M9 Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-03 09:12:11
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would like to add an external USB hard drive to our Deco M9 Plus mesh. The intention is to have it work as a network drive for the family. You know, photos, documents and stuff. Please advice how this can be done without buying more hardware (we already have the hard drive).

(I understand this has been addressed before and that it cannot be done. But thought it would be nice to get to the firm acknowledgement that the investment in the TP Link mesh was money down the drain.)

Options
2 Reply
Re:External hard drive to Deco M9 Plus
2021-03-03 10:19:45
You bought a wifi mesh and you got a very good wifi mesh - hardly money down the drain. If you want a NAS (Network Attached Storage) that's completely different. Cheapest way would be to buy a Raspberry Pi (£25 or so), install OpenMediaVault (free), connect it via ethernet to a Deco disc and plug your USB drive into the Pi.
Options
Re:External hard drive to Deco M9 Plus
2021-03-03 10:33:50
Yes, I know about the Raspberry Pi solution. But I don't need more hardware. Regarding wifi mesh, sure it's working fine. But when you pay €300+ for a system "that's sooo good" and then quite soon realise that you would have been better (and cheaper) off buying three Linksys MR7350 AX1800 instead... Lets put it this way, TP Link is not on the local "approved brand list" anymore.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1947

Replies: 2