Archer T2U can't connect most times to 5ghz | turning off after some time on 5 ghz | dupl. SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T2U can't connect most times to 5ghz | turning off after some time on 5 ghz | dupl. SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-03 16:54:09 - last edited 2021-03-03 16:58:40
Model: Archer T2U  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

So problems with my wi-fi adapter started like over half year ago after some windows update, and since then the usuability keep chaning drasticly. So most time i can't connect to my 5ghz network:
Chanel 48 - tested also on 40, 36
Tested on 20, 40 and 80mhz
Different SSID names for 2,4ghz and 5ghz network
Firewall on router unlocked
Signal strenght
: 35-50% (usualy from 70 to 55 dbm)
Same on USB 3.0 and 2.0

2,4 ghz working without any trouble, always connect, no drops
Windows versioin:  10.0.19041 Kompilacja 19041
Driver version: 5.1.34.0 | 16.11.2017

All my other devices connect normally, so it shouldn't be ISP problem. I've tested my T2U on other devices and sometimes on other it will connect, it won't connect at all or sometimes even on my main PC it will duplicate my SSID, so i get like XXXXX_5ghz and XXXXX_5ghz 2 and will work on like 5 mb/s and will get unprotected connection (so it duplicate SSID and make it without any WPA security - router only see one SSID).
I've downloaded newest drivers for T2U v2 from tp-link page, i got new chipset drivers and when i did it first time, or when i even reinstalled same driver (so unistall driver or even click on same driver for TP-link adapter in Device Manager) the adapter would connect to my 5ghz network. Lately its working diffrently - once it will connect to my 5ghz network trought TP-Link utility (I have read on forum that it could help in connecting to 5ghz and few times it helped) with no problems, sometimes it will connect after like 5-10 attempts and sometimes it won't connect at all. I can be connected to 5ghz, restart my PC and then i won't be able to connect to 5ghz again. Also while i finally will be able to connect to my 5ghz, and it will work perfectly fine, no ping drops, full speed, good connection, the adapter will turn off itself for like 1-2 seconds and i drop connection. After this sometimes i'm able to connect again to my 5ghz and sometimes i won't be able to connect to 5ghz again. Turn offs are kinda random, usualy after like 1-3 hours of working, usualy before adapter turn off it will like drop signal strenght drasticly, kinda freez, and then turn off itself and on again.
Edit: when the adapter turn off the WLAN Report show:

The WLAN AutoConfig service detected an open. Recovery will be attempted. 

Recovery Type: 4
Error code: 0x0
Cause of trip: 2
IP address family: 0

In next report:

Cause: The network was disconnected by the driver.

Also sometimes it won't see any 5ghz networks and after few seconds it will just get back to normal. 

Also got WLAN reports but they are in polish so if needed i can try to translate them into english.

Also one thing i've noticed. I'm using inSSIDer and when i'm watching the signal of the networks it is in constant spike, like it change every tick from like 70 to 60 dbm and it keep repeating, but while i connect to the network it will be stable and the line will be flat and connection strenght usualy will get better:

Things i've tried:
- new drivers
- old drivers
- chipset drivers

- TP-Link utility
- forgetting/deleting network and connecting to it/adding network before connecting and then connect

- changing chanels, other devices, connecting to other 5ghz network, changing mhz, changing USB ports

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer T2U can't connect most times to 5ghz | turning off after some time on 5 ghz | dupl. SSID
2021-03-15 08:04:05 - last edited 2021-03-15 08:27:17

@Mr.Panda  Hi Mr Panda, 

Thank you for your detailed information.

One thing you mentioned is quite unusual "  i get like XXXXX_5ghz and XXXXX_5ghz 2 and will work on like 5 mb/s and will get unprotected connection (so it duplicate SSID and make it without any WPA security - router only see one SSID)." wireless adapter would recognize Wi-Fi as 2 different SSIDs if Wi-Fi comes from 2 different MAC addresses (2 APs)

And so far I doubt one of the 5Ghz becomes unsecured on that AP. 

Do you have a Mesh router,  or Router + range extender ?   It is recommended to set up different SSIDs for 5Ghz-1, and 5Ghz-2, and see which Wi-Fi is the one got problem. 

For " the adapter will turn off itself for like 1-2 seconds " do you mean Wi-Fi still connected, but Freeze for 1-2 secs, and will recover connection automatically? 

We'd like to escalate your case to our seniors, please kindly check your inbox later, thank you. 

Options
Re:Archer T2U can't connect most times to 5ghz | turning off after some time on 5 ghz | dupl. SSID
2021-03-16 11:11:03

@Solla-topee 

Well, there aren't 2 SSID fromy my router, i have one for my 2,4ghz SSID name and one for my 5ghz SSID. There weren't 2 different SSID for my 5ghz network, the PC/Windows just used to duplicate the SSID even though i had only one SSID. Right now it won't happend.
I also do not use any signal extender or mesh router, router brand: connectbox (compal CH7465LG)

"the adapter will turn off itself for like 1-2 seconds"
The adapter will just be like unpluged, i will loose connection, no wifi at all, then it will like plug in and i will see again networks, but it happens when i'm already connected to some wifi network. Also sometimes when i connect to network, adapter will freez up for like 1-2 seconds, but after that it will keep connecting to network or cancel action and get info about failed connection. Also i think those 1-2 seconds freezes when i try to connect to some wi-fi network might be caused by driver beeing disconnected. 

Also most errors in WLAN report shows that, when i want to connect to my 5ghz network and it will fail to connect, its usualy caused by: driver beeing disconnected, operation was canceled or specified network is no longer available. Also its show RSSI: 255. 
Right now i'm usualy not able to connect to my 5ghz network, but when i finnaly like "catch" this moment when it connect without problem, or even system will automaticly start connecting from 2,4ghz to 5ghz and will successfully connect to it, the connection will usualy stay connected for rest of the day or dissconnect after longer period of time 

Network card: TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter
Interface GUID: 
Connection mode: Connection to a secured network without using a profile
Profile name: UPC4039346_5g
SSID: UPC4039346_5g
BSS Type: Infrastructure
Failure reason: The specific network is not available.
RSSI: 255

WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.

Network card: TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter
Interface GUID:
Connection mode: Automatic connection using a profile
Profile name: UPC4039346_5g
SSID: UPC4039346_5g
BSS Type: Infrastructure
Failure reason: The driver has been disconnected.
RSSI: 255

Options
2021-03-18 02:45:30

@Mr.Panda Hi, 

Thank you for your reply, as this case is a bit complicated we would like to escalate your case to our seniors, please check your email with subject Forum ID 255558 in your Inbox , thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 896

Replies: 3