Protection from DDos attacks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-04 10:31:16 - last edited 2021-03-05 09:22:17
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi there

I've recently ordered the Archer AX90, upon reading further about the 'free' homeshield it seems that there is a Pro version too.

The Pro version offers to protect you against DDos attacks which is great, but in fact needs a paid subscription it seems, does this mean that basic protections such as this are effectively unavailable unless you subscribe to the Pro version, or can you control this via the normal router settings by-passing homeshield.

Many thanks for your (aticipated) replies :) 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Protection from DDos attacks-Solution
2021-03-04 19:16:22 - last edited 2021-03-05 09:22:17

@bananacakes 

It happens that the website information is not updated at the same time on different regional websites or that with the new FW some features has been changed.

So, I would suggest you to confirm that with a TP-Link official to be 100% sure before making a decision.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Protection from DDos attacks
2021-03-04 11:11:26 - last edited 2021-03-04 11:19:38

@bananacakes 

You can find the answer to your questions here - scroll down on this page to find a comparison table of the HomeShield features available in free and Pro version.

There's a note bellow the table stating that you can have one month free trial subscription for Pro features.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-03-04 12:40:16 - last edited 2021-03-04 12:41:02

@Ivaylo Hi there, and thanks for your answer.

This is where i originally got my information from, it seems essentially that what would be considered basic protections in earlier TP-Link routers are now behind a subscription, very disappointing actually.  It's like they have taken a router dumbed it down, and asking people to pay a subscription to 'undumb' it ! 

I will send it back as improperly described as there was no mention of the payment for what in other routers are considered basic security on the sellers website.

Options
Re:Protection from DDos attacks-Solution
2021-03-04 19:16:22 - last edited 2021-03-05 09:22:17

@bananacakes 

It happens that the website information is not updated at the same time on different regional websites or that with the new FW some features has been changed.

So, I would suggest you to confirm that with a TP-Link official to be 100% sure before making a decision.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-03-05 09:22:10
Thanks for your help and time Ivaylo I have received a reply from TP-Link and they confirm that some security functions (Like Dos protection) are in fact Pro (and therefore subscription) only. I will mark this as solved, and thanks so much for your replies.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 961

Replies: 4

Related Articles