Use 3 Archer c80 as access point in one network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-05 07:20:14 - last edited 2021-03-05 07:24:00
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

right now I am using one Acrcher C80 as access point and it is working great.

Too cover whole house with wifi want to use two more C80 as access point... can I do that? Will it work?

Do I need to set up every access point differently, or I just plug configure using the wizard and that is it?

This default site: http://tplinkwifi.net will not work anymore... couse there will be three same divices on the same network, right?

Thanks for answers in advance, regards,

Klemen  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Use 3 Archer c80 as access point in one network
2021-03-05 15:13:01

@Klemen 

Yes, you can do that. Just follow the guide here.

When trying to access different APs use their LAN IP address instead of tplinkwifi.net.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-03-05 21:48:46

@Ivaylo 

Hi,

OK understand...

I gave each AP different Wifi name... couse I dont have a mesh router,

or I can give the same wifi name everywhere?

I gave every 3 APs different password so this way I know to which AP I am connected.

I figure it out that if I connect to certain wifi name I can access to that AP through DNS... which is for me unexplainable :)

anyway seems like it is working, hope will work in the future also...

Regards, Klemen  

Options
2021-03-05 22:10:43

@Klemen 

You can set the same SSID for all APs, but I would set them different (with same wireless passwords on each AP), so I can determine to which AP I am connected to by its SSID (e.g. AP1, AP2, AP3).

As I wrote earlier accessing each AP web interface can be done using their LAN IP address.

These IP addresses should be different for all 3 APs, but in the same subnet e.g.:

main router 192.168.0.1

AP1-192.168.0.254,

AP2-192.168.0.253,

AP3-192.168.0.252.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2658

Replies: 3

Related Articles