Do I lose mesh functionality moving to AP mode.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-07 01:08:52 - last edited 2021-03-08 03:44:27
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Deco M9 and I seem to have an issue with wireless upload speeds potentially due to dropped packets. Specifically with Facetime where the device will Download at 1.5Mbps but upload at .2 or so Mbps. It will occasionally ramp up to 1.5 - 3 Mbps upload but usually sits around 50Kbps to .2Mbps

To troubleshoot I'd like to remove the M9 from DHCP. If I run a router in front of the M9 setup I have and run the M9 in AP mode, will I lose the MESH functionality. The only thing I'm specifically looking for is that MESH decides which AP the devices connect to. I want to keep the devices from hanging on to the first AP they connect to.

If I run in AP mode will this still work?

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Do I lose mesh functionality moving to AP mode.-Solution
2021-03-07 01:25:17 - last edited 2021-03-08 03:44:27

@99Driver 

The mesh part will keep working. I run Deco mesh in Access Point mode, two M9s and one M5s. Mobile devices connect to the nearest Deco and my smartphone seamlessly roams between Decos when I walk with it in my house.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Do I lose mesh functionality moving to AP mode.-Solution
2021-03-07 01:25:17 - last edited 2021-03-08 03:44:27

@99Driver 

The mesh part will keep working. I run Deco mesh in Access Point mode, two M9s and one M5s. Mobile devices connect to the nearest Deco and my smartphone seamlessly roams between Decos when I walk with it in my house.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 464

Replies: 1

Related Articles