Creating one network with two WiFi 6 Units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-12 08:58:58
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Guys,

I am looking for a (reasonably priced) network option for our new house:

• Two storey building - I'd like to have two operating units on each floor (hardwired together with Ethernet)
  • Wifi 6
  • Gigabit internet subscription

Is it possible to use two AX20 routers, one as a router one as an access point?

I'm not sure, but it appears to me tp-link has removed WDS bridging support on newer routers...

I know I could buy a deco X60 or X20 (2 pack) and hard wire them together, but it is way more expensive.

I would prefer to have one SSID all over the house without any drawbacks.

Thank you so much!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Creating one network with two WiFi 6 Units
2021-03-12 14:15:37 - last edited 2021-03-12 14:17:17

@Quzkaa 

You can do that by setting one of the devices as an access point (wired extender) - connecting the devices by ethernet cable - here's the guide.

You can have same SSID throughout the house on both devices, but I would recommend to set SSID different for easier troubleshooting.

WDS is used to configure the device as a wireless extender and it's not implemented in AX20.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options