Skyq boxes hardwired and adding deco m5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-16 14:57:53
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a skyq router, main skyq box plus one sky mini that are all Ethernet cabled. Like a lot of people I am experiencing issues with WiFi  so have decided to go down the deco m5 route to help the situation

There are 3 of us working from home and a daughter who would be very upset without sky so I would like to make sure I get this right. If anyone could confirm the steps below are along the right lines and provide any additional advice it would be appreciated.

skyq boxes - turn off WiFi on sky main and mini boxes (probably off anyway)

Turn off WiFi on skyrouter

deco m5 - configure deco in router mode

My PC is also hard wired to the sky router but I presume I could conn3ct this to the Ethernet port on the m5. Is it also possible to connect a 5 port Ethernet switch to the back of the m5 so I can add other hard wired devices

thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Skyq boxes hardwired and adding deco m5
2021-03-18 08:42:24
I have also just thought that I will need to remove dhcp from either the Deco or he routeras they will be both set up to send IP details My initial thought is to remove dhcp from the deco. Anyone done this.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 1

Related Articles