No switching in OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No switching in OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No switching in OneMesh
No switching in OneMesh
2021-03-17 11:23:12
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20201202
I have a TP-Link Archer C2300 router and an amplifier in OneMesh TP-Link RE305.

Of course, everything is paired in OneMesh, the SSID and password are copied, the MAC changes.

Applies to android phone.

When I turn on WiFi at the router and log in to it, after going into the range of the amplifier, the network does not switch to the amplifier. Moving on, the network disappears until it is completely broken, only then it automatically connects to the amplifier.

However, when WiFi is turned on by the amplifier and the phone connects directly to it, then by going to the router, the network automatically switches to the router in the blink of an eye without a problem (here is just a strange thing, because it shows logging all the time to the amplifier, despite the lack of its range here, and the download speed is limited as well as in the amplifier - with the router the speed is about 350-400, from the amplifier about 100).

What is this happening, how to fix it? How to live?
Options
1 Reply
Re:No switching in OneMesh
2021-03-19 06:21:15

@Damianlink Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed information.

May I know  between router and range extender is there any walls or obstacle,   If possible, please put router and RE in an open area, and walk between router and RE and see this issue could be replicate or not, thank you. 

How about the signal strength of main router on RE305 Web page/ tether app?

For speed issue, You could try to enable High speed mode so RE will link to router via 5Ghz only, and see if speed gets better : https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2479/

Kindly note that range extender get speed from router first then forward to your PC or clients, this communication is one- way only at a time,  RE's speed could decrease around 50% during this transmission. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 505

Replies: 1

Related Articles