Maxis FTTH either via VLAN tagging option/Maxis Mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-26 15:22:12
Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Maxis

Hi TP-Link,

I bought the TL-WDR4300 almost 6 months ago using it on my TM Streamyx broadband service, it worked perfectly and this is indeed a very good product very reasonably priced too Kudos to TP-Link:). The thing is shortly after purchasing it, I moved to Maxis Home Fibre Internet (more bandwidth). Following the ISP change the router has since went back into the box and had been there for 5 months now. This is because without the VLAN tagging feature or a Maxis mode, it is currently incompatible with Maxis Home Fibre Internet and will stay that way.

I understand this is by no mean TP-Link’s fault but I and many other WDR4300 owners on Maxis would really APPRECIATE IT if TP-Link could look into ENABLING VLAN TAGGING FEATURE/MAXIS MODE on this device. This I am sure would help with TP-Link sales as there are not many routers out there with this feature set and price range that could work with Maxis Home Fibre Internet.

Thanks in advance TP-Link.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Maxis FTTH either via VLAN tagging option/Maxis Mode?
2013-02-27 18:00:06
Sounds great! More demands in market will force the TP-LINK to do so and we can send the needs to the support to let more official TP-LINK staff know.
Options
Re:Maxis FTTH either via VLAN tagging option/Maxis Mode?
2013-07-26 09:42:54
Hi,

I have encountered some problem for firmware upgrade.
According the new firmware release notes, there have mention the Firmware supports Normal Mode,Unifi mode and Maxis Mode. And also Unifi Mode and Maxis Mode are used for IPTV service.LAN1 port is used for IPTV connecting and the other ports are used for Internet surfing as default.
But after i upgrade to new version of firmware which is TL-WDR4300_V1_130613(VLAN)_My. I'm not able found have any option button to allow me to select the Normal Mode,Unifi mode and Maxis Mode.
Any idea?

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 718

Replies: 2

Related Articles