M4 Deco - Scheduled Reboot without smart plugs with Selenium (working)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-18 11:32:55
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I ran my M4 since the very first release, but from time to time they need a bit of a kick.

The app and the web front end lack the option to reboot on time. (or I haven't found it yet...)

But the web page got a option to reboot, so I coded some sort of automation in a headless browser and since some days my M4s reboot all at the same time in the night.

Of course I got a device up and running all day anyway (a true-nas server with a docker image), so I use this to trigger the program. A raspi will also work (but not raspi2 or older - see readme)

Maybe someone could use this too or use it to enhance my version. I use only M4 but it looks like other devices may be also lucky to get such a feature?

Anyway, I offer this to everyone. Check this out:

https://github.com/uptoratlen/tpLinkM4Reboot

You could see what it does and more important how it is done (so you see it does nothing dirty, more or less just automation of browser)

And in case you really tried it, please drop me a note here if it worked for you as well or on github open a issue if you face a issue.

I will check and do my best to make it work.

Options
1 Reply
Re:M4 Deco - Scheduled Reboot without smart plugs with Selenium (working)
2021-10-07 01:38:02

@avoidblazar 

Me two, i think it's very important more features in Deco App, features that alreay have in Archer C routers.

Also an Web Interface, not just the app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 527

Replies: 1

Related Articles