AC Pro over PoE using TPLink Injector?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-22 07:32:05 - last edited 2021-04-06 09:36:57
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: TPLink Injector

Hello guys,

I am testing an AC Pro connected to a regular UDM via a TP Link PoE Injector and it is only negotiating to 100 Mbps. Do you guys think/ know if that can be attributed to the TPLink injector?

I grabbed the AC Pro from another installation that I have, but there the AC is connected to a Ubiquiti PoE switch and it works like a charm (1000Mbps), but I can't get the same results with the UDM and the TPLink injector.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AC Pro over PoE using TPLink Injector?-Solution
2021-03-23 19:50:38 - last edited 2021-04-06 09:36:57

@rubard 

Hey

Yeah I would suspect that is the case..  The AC Pro doesnt work on 24v passive injectors, it requires a POE+ switch (if my memory serves me right)

Update.. Went googling and my memory is correct lol.   Yeah the Pro isnt passive only POE

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:AC Pro over PoE using TPLink Injector?-Solution
2021-03-23 19:50:38 - last edited 2021-04-06 09:36:57

@rubard 

Hey

Yeah I would suspect that is the case..  The AC Pro doesnt work on 24v passive injectors, it requires a POE+ switch (if my memory serves me right)

Update.. Went googling and my memory is correct lol.   Yeah the Pro isnt passive only POE

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 563

Replies: 1

Related Articles