Range extender keeps on restarting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-23 11:19:34
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: Cannot check

Hello I purchased this extender about 2 months ago and it used to work fine for about a month but now it just keeps on restarting. I cannot connect to it's WiFi because of this. The blue light for a second is on the power part and then the whole circle becomes blue twice and this just keeps on repeating. What can I do?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Range extender keeps on restarting
2021-03-24 06:08:31

@screenname777 Hello, 

May I know was there power outage, or firmware update on this range extender?

It is recommended to try a different wall socket, and factory reset RE: with extender powered, use a pin to push the reset hole for about 10 secs until most Leds flash once. 

If the RE still keep rebooting, it is a hardware issue with the unit, and it is recommended to contact retailer or local support to check warranty. 

Options
2021-03-24 06:43:03

@Solla-topee Yes there was a power outage about a month ago and the extender has been like this since that outage. I have tried pushing the reset hole but it still keeps restarting. Unfortunately there is no tp-link store in my region.  

Rarely the extender works fine for some hours but then it automatically starts restarting.

Options
2021-03-26 05:53:04

@screenname777 

Thank you for your reply, the unit should be defective from your information. You could try to contact  local technical support to check if that device is still in the warranty or not. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 9

Views: 5122

Replies: 3

Related Articles