Cannot connect to PC via Ethernet. wifi connection ok. What is wrong ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-25 03:40:29
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20201013 Rel. 58271

Hi,

My configuration is below.  not sure why but wifi connections are ok, ethernet backhaul also ok.  

However, cannot connect thru ethernet (though PC can connect to NAS) but PC has no internet connection.  Getting invalid IP configuration error.  Any advice ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to PC via Ethernet. wifi connection ok. What is wrong ?
2021-03-25 12:49:23

@Alfred.T 

Let's simplify your network layout first. Turn off both Satellite Deco X20. You'll be left with just Main Deco, and I assume it is running in router mode.

Main Deco plays the role of generic WiFi router now, no mesh or other complexities.

Check if PC can't get IP address after you powered off Satellite Decos. I am assuming, it still can't.

Then, your problem becomes the following: "I replaced WiFi router for my home network with new one, there is also switch between WiFi router and PC, PC is connected to switch and it can't get IP address from the router."

If you phrase the problem this way, you should be able to google enough info to troubleshoot generic router/PC IP address allocation issues. 

If I were facing such problem, I would start with two things: check if perhaps PC is configured with static IP address, and also bypass switch and connect PC directly to second port of Main Deco to see if switch is culprit.

Options