What mesh devices to add to AC 1750 Archer?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-26 13:22:05 - last edited 2021-03-26 19:35:56
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I see the Archer A7 V5 router is capable of OneMesh.  What mesh devices should I use to extend my wifi network?  I bought the Deco S4 but it wants to create its own mesh wifi network.  I want to add mesh devices to my existing network.  How can I do that?  Do I get devices only rated as OneMesh?

Looking at this page: https://www.tp-link.com/us/onemesh/product-list/  I see some range extenders.  Could it be as simple as adding "RE315 AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Range Extender".  But the description on this doesn't mention OneMesh just mesh.

TIA 

bob

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:What mesh devices to add to AC 1750 Archer?-Solution
2021-03-26 14:05:35 - last edited 2021-03-26 19:35:56

@NHBob 

Deco is another mesh system offered by TP-Link.

To keep these two distinct take a look at this post.

Any device from the URL you posted would do because that's the official OneMesh capable devices list.

Keep in mind that OneMesh can't be built between two routers - it should be a combination of a router and REs or PAs.

Since you already bought Deco device you might look at this guide to see how can you utilize the device if needed.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:What mesh devices to add to AC 1750 Archer?-Solution
2021-03-26 14:05:35 - last edited 2021-03-26 19:35:56

@NHBob 

Deco is another mesh system offered by TP-Link.

To keep these two distinct take a look at this post.

Any device from the URL you posted would do because that's the official OneMesh capable devices list.

Keep in mind that OneMesh can't be built between two routers - it should be a combination of a router and REs or PAs.

Since you already bought Deco device you might look at this guide to see how can you utilize the device if needed.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:What mesh devices to add to AC 1750 Archer?
2021-03-26 15:08:18
Thank you. That's exactly what I need. There should be a link on Amazon to this page when you shop for Deco products. If I'd seen that I'd not have bought Deco and rather bought three RE 300 which would do what I want. I appreciate your quick response.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 2

Related Articles