VLAN Tagging on WAN Port - Archer C60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-26 22:10:11
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello all,

I have had an Archer C60 router installed at my home for many years. I am planning on switching internet providers and I do not want to use the ISP-provided router in my home.

I've heard that any router can be used on this ISP's network as long as it is capable of enabling VLAN tagging for ID 35 on the WAN port (the internet service is DHCP).

Is it possible for the Archer C60 to do the above so I can continue using it?

Thanks,

Matteo

Options
4 Reply
Re:VLAN Tagging on WAN Port - Archer C60
2021-03-26 22:58:56 - last edited 2021-03-27 00:06:19

@demil38 

If you have these settings on your C60 then it should be possible:

C60 HW v2 and v3 have these for sure. You have to check which HW version you have by taking a look at the bottom sticker of the device.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-03-26 23:33:41

@demil38 

Okay, thanks. I'll log in and check which interface I have, and update the firmware if necessary,

Matteo

Options
2021-04-02 19:04:57

@demil38 

I had the opportunity to check my Hardware version today. The router has hardware version 1.0 (V1). I checked the interface to see if it matches the one from hardware versions V2 and V3 and this is what the router displays:

It looks like despite the older hardware version, the router still supports VLAN tagging, but it just calls it IPTV as opposed to IPTV/VLAN as in the newer releases.

Does it seem reasonable to you that I will still be able to use VLAN tagging?

Thanks,

Matteo

Options
2021-04-02 20:47:55
You should be able to. It's just a wording I think. The ultimate test is to try it.
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1257

Replies: 4