Can the Archer AX6000 be connected to a battery backup?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-06 05:24:20
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I live in a place where the power grid goes out frequently. When the power goes out my Archer AX6000 routers are knocked offline. I often have to use my phone to get a WiFi connection. Is there a way to connect the router to an external battery to power it during prolonged power outages? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can the Archer AX6000 be connected to a battery backup?
2021-04-06 09:22:34

@EJM2 

You can use an external battery to power the AX6000 since its power adapter is 12V/4A - 48VA.

Any UPS SLA battery would do, as well as power banks that work at 12V. You just have to measure the power adapter barrel to determine which type it is - 5.5x2.5 or 5.5x2.1 mm.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Can the Archer AX6000 be connected to a battery backup?
2021-11-23 01:06:08

@EJM2 Yeah just get a UPS. You're looking at starting around $50 and up depending on how long you want it to be able to power your stuff and how much is plugged into it. If it's just a router, it doesn't use much power. You can figure out how much capacity you need by figuring out your power consumption and how long you need to power it for on battery and doing a little research online.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1003

Replies: 2