IPCAM New tenwis

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IPCAM New tenwis

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IPCAM New tenwis
IPCAM New tenwis
2021-04-06 07:24:46
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have TENVIS JPT3815W-HD IP camera 2pcs on network.Inside of home network i see stream ok. But from work i cant connect. With old router from other manufacturer wasnt problem with it. Problem comes when i buyed  archer c6 router v2.0. i tried forward ports but nothing. How can i find what port use that webcam? THX

Options
3 Reply
Re:IPCAM New tenwis
2021-04-06 09:42:43 - last edited 2021-04-06 09:43:54

@Etmipamidzi 

If you are viewing the camera stream through the phone app there's no need to forward ports since the app uses the vendor cloud to show the stream.

If you use a web browser to view the stream then you have to open ports on your router.

To determine which port the camera is using you can browse the camera WebGUI from inside your network (usually it's port 81) and entering network settings where you can change that port to be static, so you can forward on the router's WebGui page. It's desirable to enable router's UPnP feature as well to be sure that the camera will open the desired port on the router automatically.

Here's a detailed manual for setting your camera properly:

http://apps.tenvis.com/Download/JPT3815W/2013/Advanced%20User%20Manual.pdf

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-04-06 09:47:23

@Etmipamidzi no, i dont see cameras thru phone app. just when i am on my home wifi. When i am at data i don see cameras, just loading....

Options
2021-04-06 09:58:14

@Etmipamidzi 

Usually these cameras are using ActiveX controls to vew the stream in a browser. That means you have to install that ActiveX control in your browser - IE (Internet Explorer) only compatible to be able to see the stream. Some of these can view the stream in a different browser (Mozilla, Chrome, etc.) but it's limited as a video resolution and web menu controls.

To be able to set things up, just follow the guide I posted in my first post.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 3

Related Articles