No connection to configure new EAP225 Outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-11 16:00:11 - last edited 2021-04-12 09:13:58
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: unknown

Hi Gang,

I have a new EAP225-Outdoor I would like to configure. However, none of my devices will connect to the EAP's ad hoc network so I can perform the initial setup. I've tried with a couple of different devices. Two different Android phones won't connect to the SSID, which means the AP never appears in the Omada app. With my Windows PC it tries to connect to the SSID but fails, and shows limited connectivity, after which connecting to http://tplinkeap.net doesn't manage to find the login page.

I've tried a paper-clip reset, obviously, and the led flashes green and yellow for 7 seconds or so, then goes solid green. After that the results are as I've described above. The Omada app shows that I am logged in.

Is this new unit defective?

Thx,

Eric

Options
5 Reply
Re:No connection to configure new EAP225 Outdoor
2021-04-12 15:58:44

@enhompe 

Hey

Did you try plugging hte device in via the LAN connection and setting it up that way?    I would do that to get it configured first.   It should be accessable via IP address

Options
2021-04-12 16:17:39

@Philbert 

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that. I did run an ethernet cable from the LAN port on the POE injector directly into my PC and attempted to load the page http://tplinkeap.net. The results were similar to those I encountered when connecting my PC to the wifi signal: it connects to an "Unidentified network" and is unable to find a DNS address. I tried with two different ethernet cables, just to be sure.

I have steady green LEDs on both the injector and the EAP225.

Thanks.

Eric

Options
2021-04-12 16:21:03
Ah Direct connection to your PC wont work, you will need to plug it into a switch or your router to allow it to get an IP address. Once you do that you should be able to access it :)
Options
2021-04-12 17:38:10

@Philbert Sure enough, it's configured! That should be in the instructions, I think...

Now to the next (and hopefully last) problem, I notice the download speed when I'm connected to the EAP225 is way below what it is when I'm connected to my router (the one the EAP225 is plugged into). 4.22 as opposed to 18.9. Upload speeds seem unaffected. The EAP and router are on different channels (1 and 6) so there's no wifi channel conflict, I'm in the country and there's no other wifis around either.

Thoughts?

Thanks again, Eric

Options
2021-04-12 21:46:05

@enhompe 

Happy days, glad you got sorted ok!

In relation to the speed, try forcing it to 40mhz wide channel instead of AUTO

Ideally you should be moving to 5ghz if possible as its much faster!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 869

Replies: 5

Related Articles