ArcherC5400X is having problems to connect new wifi clients to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-14 22:31:24
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

My ArcherC5400X is having problems to connect new wifi clients to internet.

When a new device try to connect to the router the DHCP service provide an IP but no connection to the internet, only after many hours, even a day, the new device gets connected and with internet access. It can happen with iOS or Android devices or any home automation device too...

This can happen in any of the wireless networks 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, always with new clients, but rarely it can happen too with devices that have a static IP address inside the network. After the device start getting access to internet (several hours later), in most of the cases will not have the issue next time it connect to the router.

All the assigned IP inside my network do not crash with the DHCP IP segment used by the service, so DHCP is free to provide IPs from 150 to 200..and it can happen with a single new client.

Symptoms always the same, a new client get an IP but no internet access until several hours or even next day..

I do reboot the router several times during testing but it doesn't seems to improve the issue..and of course my internet provider do not have any rule about new devices been connected. This Archer tpling router is behind my internet service provider router, connecting a new wifi device to that router do not show any problem...

Most of the router clients (wire and wifi) have static IP configured, about 25 clients in total. No printer or storage connected to the router. All cores shows be not overloaded.

Wifi channels are set as auto as most of the rest of the settings, no fancy password setup or anything...

Please advice what to check or test, this a new equipment and very expensive, I was not expecting this strange behavior for what suppose to be a quality product.

Options
1 Reply
Re:ArcherC5400X is having problems to connect new wifi clients to internet
2021-04-15 02:00:18

@mhenriquez 

From your description it sounds like a DHCP server issue.

But to be able to narrow down the issue to a particular device, you have to describe your network topology in more details:

-how the routers are interconnected to each other (on which ports)

-which model is the ISP router, do you have access to its management interface

-what is your WAN (internet port) configuration and what's the IP address (C5400X router)

-what is your LAN IP address (ISP router)

-what is your LAN IP address and gateway (C5400X)

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 1