Unable to connect to internet - Signal LED & 2.4GHz will not turn on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-19 19:08:43
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20200826 Rel. 66098

I am able to connect the TPLink RE305 to my router successfully but the extender is still not connecting to the internet. My internet works if I connect to my router without the extender. Find attached the screenshots both from the TPLink Extender and my router for your reference. A quick resolution in the matter will be much appreciated as I need it to connect my desktop using it for my job. Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to internet - Signal LED & 2.4GHz will not turn on
2021-04-23 07:04:21

@Navdeep Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed information. From the photo RE did not connect to router's WiFi yet. 

If only power leds lights up after you set up RE, please  try suggestions here: 

1>Please verify your Wi-Fi password by forgetting your Wi-Fi network on cell phone first :  
Go to Settings-> WiFi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's WiFi name  ->Forget / Delete the network 
Please reconnect to your router wifi and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

2> factory reset tp-link range extender : press the reset hole for 10 secs with RE powered on
On cell phone Wi-Fi settings, connect to Range extender WiFi first ( do not connect to router wifi or and turn off mobile data)

3> Put RE close to router and follow instructions on Tether app or Web page step by step to set up RE again  ( carefully examine the Wi-Fi password you have put in, and it is recommended to create a different SSID/WiFi name for RE )

Please also make sure Bell home hub does not have any Advanced settings that may affect RE, like access control, whitelist, mac filtering. 
If the above does not work, after set up, can you login to RE's web page, go to Settings--system-- system log, save the log file and sent to us. Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 1