Cant connect only laptops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-20 06:55:50
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel65591(4555)

Hi!

I can connect any windows (windows 7 and 10) laptops only by rebooting router. They connect correctly after that but, after shutting down and trying to connect, even a few minutes after, the only way is rebooting router.

Every other device in my system (32 devices, iot, raspberry pi, TV, android phones) connect with no issue.

I have changed password encryption, enabled and disabled 5g,reserved ip via dhcp for every single device, Reserved ip for 2 hours, or 25....nothing seems to work

Is there a limit for connected devices?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cant connect only laptops
2021-04-20 16:00:41 - last edited 2021-04-20 16:03:29

@elchanly 

Your C6 wireless security settings should be:

Security: WPA/WPA2-Personal

Version: WPA2-PSK

Encryption: AES

If you want to see if you're on the limit of connected devices, just turn off some of the non-critical ones that are permanently connected and test connecting with laptops.

If there's no issue connecting them without rebooting the router, then you may have reached that limit.

Also you may double check your C6 DHCP pool range to be sure it's big enough to handle the number of devices you're using.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 1

Related Articles